Announcing ROOT|Taku

Will be removed.
Forum rules
This forum is reserved for announcements, event information and forum-wide stickies. Users may reply to posts but may not make new threads.

Postby Kavik » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:54 am

Finally! We're a bit late on this one, but ROOT Gaming has added the final member to our Dota 2 squad. Rob "Taku" Dyche is an incredibly experienced competitive gamer, and we're proud to add him to the ROOT family. We sat down with Jesse "Pandepic" Gill, our Player Manager, and Team Captain Jason "Fun" Teodosio to see what they had to say about Taku.

Jason 'Fun' Teodosio wrote:Personally, I had no opinion about him because I didn't play competitive Dota back when he did, and I've only heard stories about his former team GDT. So, when Pandepic suggested him, I had no problem with picking him up, and after playing with him I've seen how much communication he gives to his teammates, since he was the captain of his previous team.

Jesse 'Pandepic' Gill wrote:Originally, I was just asking Taku to stand-in for ROOT in various tournaments and scrims while we were looking for people to tryout for our 5th position. He seemed to get along well with the team and the players all liked him and thought of him as a strong player, so I decided to ask him if he would be interested in actually joining the team. I think he's a very experienced player with a long Dota history and he brings that with him to ROOT, which is a benefit to the team as a whole.

Taku also had a few spare minutes to give us a quick interview. Enjoy!

Welcome, Rob! Can you introduce yourself to the fans?
Sup, my name is Rob "Taku" Dyche and I mostly play 3 for Root Gaming's Dota 2 team.

Before we get to the serious business, what do you do outside of gaming?
I'm an electrical engineering and computer hardware student at the University of Arizona. I'm also married and have a daughter. So, if im not gaming I'm pretty much busy with something else all the time.

Do you find it hard to balance family, school, and gaming? Seems like you have a lot on your plate.
Yeah, definitely, but we manage to make it work. I still spend a lot of time with my wife and daughter as well as manage to get through the intensive coursework that engineering demands. I would say that it's thanks to the fact that my wife is very supportive of what I do, as without her it wouldn't be possible to balance everything. It also helps that she enjoys games as much as I do!

I hear you've been a successful gamer prior to Dota 2. Can you fill us in on other games you've competed in?
I competed a lot in the North American Scene for Dota 1. My team had around 15 1st-3rd place finishes in various events, mostly online. In the beginning of 2010 I was really into StarCraft 2 and played at two LANs where I placed well, but I was still to attached Dota and didn't continue StarCraft. Before that I was rank #1 in Kalimdor for WC3: The Frozen Throne Ladder, held top 3 spots for Reign of Chaos 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 and before that I played first person shooters and was part of the best Raven Shield clan.

We're announcing you a bit late, so you've been playing with the guys for a while now. How did you get involved with ROOT? Had you known the other players for a while?
Actually, I had never even heard of anyone currently playing on ROOT except for KoReYa-. KoReYa- is the only member that was known when I played in Dota 1 and the early parts of Dota 2 before I took a gaming hiatus to travel to Europe for several months. However, I did know ROOT's manager, Pandepic, who sent me a message asking me to ring for ROOT for a tournament. After that event I was asked to continue playing with them and eventually asked to join the team.

What role do you play in the team? Any special heroes we can look forward to seeing you play?
I mostly play offlane right now. So with the current meta that means lots of Bounty Hunter and the like. That said, I do also play Lion as solo middle for the team whenever we decide to run it, as well as safe lane carry Clinkz.

Thanks for taking the time to chat. Any final shoutouts you want to give?
Shoutouts to my wife Sarah, my daughter Lexy, Mark, Chris, Finith, everyone from GDT, Nhii and everyone else.

-

To catch more of Taku, you can follow his stream on Twitch TV. As always, we're looking forward to seeing him and the rest of the ROOT Dota 2 squad post some solid results in 2013 (as long as the world doesn't end on Friday). So support him, along with the rest of ROOT and our wonderful sponsors. Expect to see some amazing games from this squad in the near future!
Image ROOT Gaming
For questions or to volunteer for ROOT, email rob@root-gaming.com.
KavikTV on Twitter.
Kavik

Postby xvincx » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:10 am

Welcome to the team Taku :) happy to see you onboard ;)
xvincx

Postby cchily13 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:22 am

Glad that its finally official sick addition!
"A real warrior doesn't dash off after the next victory, nor throw a fit when experiencing a loss. A real warrior ponders the next battle."-Elite Four Grimsley
cchily13

Postby Jickitaku » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:05 am

Well this is awkward...
Jickitaku

Postby Kavik » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 am

Jickitaku wrote:Well this is awkward...

lolololol
Image ROOT Gaming
For questions or to volunteer for ROOT, email rob@root-gaming.com.
KavikTV on Twitter.
Kavik

Postby ROOTCatZ » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:28 am

Kavik wrote:
Jickitaku wrote:Well this is awkward...

lolololol

hahahaha
ROOTCatZ

Return to Events and Announcements