Announcing ROOTMaSa!

Will be removed.
Forum rules
This forum is reserved for announcements, event information and forum-wide stickies. Users may reply to posts but may not make new threads.

Postby Deezl » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:39 am

We here at ROOT have always prided ourselves on our ability to help refine burgeoning players into strong competitors. In the past, we helped players like qxc, Sheth, and Minigun reach their full potential, and it is in this spirit that we are proud to announce the newest addition to our SC2 squad: MaSa.

Maru “MaSa” Kim is a 17 year-old Canadian player who immersed himself in the world of competitive StarCraft after being inspired by BoxeR and NaDa’s GSL RO8 games. MaSa is a dedicated player and has managed to consistently reach the top 25 of NA’s grandmaster ladder. As a Terran, MaSa will round out ROOT’s lineup and give the team greater diversity both in practice and on clan-war battlefields. He may even be able to brainstorm new builds with Drewbie that will end Terran Q_Q. Maybe.

Here’s what MaSa had to say about joining ROOT:

“First of all, I want to thank all ROOT members and staff for providing me a chance to experience this whole new thing that I've always wanted to try. I am surely and truly excited to be a member of ROOT gaming. I know ROOT gaming is very popular team in North America, and I will do my best to avoid showing failure to any followers of ROOT. I will try my best to devote myself to the game for ROOT, showing good results as well as improving myself as an SC2 player.”

ROOT recently acquired a Zerg innovator in Fitzy and a Protoss powerhouse in puCK, so taking a Terran under our team’s wing seemed fitting. The development of these three players is one of ROOT’s primary focuses, and we can’t wait to see how they perform over the coming months.

Welcome to your new home, MaSa!
Editor in Chief, ROOT Gaming. For corrections and concerns or if you'd like to volunteer, please email deezl@root-gaming.com.
Deezl

Postby Cbiscuitsx » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:51 am

Congratulations on joining ROOT, MaSa :) Looking forward to seeing great things from you ^^
Cbiscuitsx

Postby ROOTCatZ » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:58 am

welcome to the team dood, we expect amazing things from you :D
ROOTCatZ

Postby DarthCaesar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:59 am

Never heard of you, hope to hear of you.
DarthCaesar

Postby Overload » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:00 am

Awesome a Terran :D
Overload

Postby Foodmanchew » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:04 am

Woohoo, Terran love for ROOT! Not so many ZvZs during ROOT practice. congrats to MaSa, excited to see him develop.
Foodmanchew

Postby Cdnfan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:14 am

nice, congrats - always happy to ROOT for another Canadian!
Cdnfan

Postby Edahspmal » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:26 am

Where can we find his stream/twitter?
Edahspmal

Postby deathr0w » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:29 am

Edahspmal wrote:Where can we find his stream/twitter?

This^^

CONGRATS SIR!
deathr0w

Postby soapyy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:33 am

Nice too see some up and coming players get onto a good team! GLGL
Streaming Protoss Ladder Regularly♥: http://www.twitch.tv/sirsoapyy
soapyy

Next

Return to Events and Announcements